In More Detail
Fires in the consumer unit (fuse board) or intake area are usually caused by worn or loose connections. The current still flows but due to electrical resistance the terminals overheat, melting the insulation and eventually catching fire with devastating results.
Normal precautions (RDCs, MCBs etc) and physical inspections are very unlikely to pick this up.
Even the 17th edition metal consumer units have vulnerable plastic insulated cables passing through them.
Add to this the intakes are often under stairs (means of escape) or in cupboards with flammable cleaning materials and you have a recipe for disaster.
The Viper's sensors detect overheating in the intake area before it can damage cable insulation or other parts of the installation and cut off the power, setting off an audible alarm and alerting you by phone or text.
Other products require much higher, damaging temperatures before operating or simply attempt to extinguish the fire without cutting of the power, risking re-ignition. The Viper is re-settable and requires no parts to be replaced after an incident.